Monday, August 8, 2011

Sit Back, Relax! We're at the River!

My family LOVES going on vacations. Sometimes tropical ones, sometimes cozy ones, but ALWAYS fun ones. We're not exactly the camping type...the thought of us around a campfire, sleeping in tents is, well, laughable. Last year, we decided to do the next best thing: stay in a mobile home on the Colorado River. 

 I will admit, I had my doubts. BUT, it turned out to be one of my FAVORITE vacations of all time! Sippin' yummy tropical drinks on the sand, riding on the sea doos,  & getting roasted till we look like shriveled little raisin!! Who could ask for more?! 

So, naturally, when it came around to planning a summer vacation this year, we couldn't WAIT to hit up the River once again! This time we had a few exciting additions to our group: Grammy and Grandpa, Uncle Jeffrey, and our very own little Bella DOG!


Bella LOVED barking at all the boats, chasing her toys, and swimming in the water with her mama


 So happy Grammy and Grandpa came this year!!! Grandpa made bomb tuna sandwiches every day and always provided us with yummy snacks and breakfast in bed! HEAVEN! GRAMMY was quite the trooper! The girls in this family must have gotten our flare for adventure from our very own Pamela Ann! Who KNEW?!?

I'm so glad we went on this trip! I only wish Melissa and Trevor, Ally and Joe, and my very own Matty could have come too! THAT would have made it perfect...I suppose there is always next year..muahhaha. 


I LOVE family getaways...even those super duper luxurious ones in trailers <3 

P.s. Thanks for reading my first blog! You you made it all the way down here to the end! I'm glad to know you didn't fall asleep or close the window after the first sentence and decide forever that my writing has too many grammatical mistakes and I use too many exclamation points...trust me, I've been there.  : ) thanks! This should be fun!






1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I couldn't come. Having a retail schedule truly blows... but if you guys can try to plan it in June or August next year I'm so there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete