Friday, August 12, 2011

Living with a Pop Star


Not everyone has a chance to live with their best friend. For just a short period (TOO SHORT), I got to live with a pop star, Caitlin Mary Rose. If you haven’t heard of her, you’re missing out. She’s the next Britney Spears. Caiti and have been tight since we were little babies, always laughing for no reason, always in our own little world. Growing up, caiti and I lived about three hours away from each other, so getting together was ALWAYS a HUGE deal. We would have the best time playing Nintendo, taking Annie on walks, playing at Aunt Vicki’s school, and of course, dancing to pop songs. I never really knew the words but caiti was the pop queen even when we were little. Those weekends up in Santa Maria had to end sometime, and boy did they end sadly. I remember being devastated saying goodbye to caiti. I always begged my parents to stay longer and begged caiti to move back to southern cali. Little did we know we would soon be in the same college town, going to schools that were just across the street from each other. We were about to live the dream!


 We’re STILL in our own little world. I must say, life is better when caiti is around. She has taught me many things. Some good, some bad, and some just plain divalicious. I’ll ALWAYS be grateful for our college years together. So here are just a few things i’ve learned from living with a diva:

1. you haven’t lived until you’ve been to a pop concert (hell ya katy perry)
2. you can never be overdressed
3. sometimes, you just have to hit the snooze 12 more times.
4. going to the movies in pjs is the ONLY way to go
5. dinner isnt complete without something sweet
6. it never benefits you not to go (well that one really is a treasure from aunt vicki)
7. some boys just dont get it
8. shiny purple unicorns will be the next spice girls meets pussycat dolls. beware.
9. all diaries should be read aloud with champagne and immediately burned thereafter
10. indie crap is overrated. BRING ON THE SPARKLES
11. britney rules all.
12. real friends don’t let four year olds call you ugly
13. never question her celebrity knowledge. claws come out.
14. hostesses work hard
15.“I can’t do it all the time, but I can do it this time” (another aunt vicki treasure)
16. the best afternoons are spent watching nip/tuck
17. “oh the things I would do with that chainsaw” STILL APPLIES
18.the best workouts include the pussycat dolls
19.just say no to chopsticks
20. March 1st is a force to be reckoned with
21. mariah carey is the only way to make the halloween blues go away
22. new years eves just will never get better for us
23. every car ride deserves its own specially made cd
24. disneyland is not the same without sparkly ears
25. we will never successfully complete a homework assignment when in the same room. its time to face the facts.
26. “Hey wanna come over and help me finish off some cupcakes?.... you look like you'd be good at it.”
 27. its cool to have big hips and huge brown hair (thanks for this one)
28.  sometimes you just have to give a good bitch slappin’ 
29. puds will be puds
30. Life’s just better when you have a little blonde haired cousin around


I’m sure ill learn a lot more from you in years to come. however, i must say this: did you fart? excuse me? faaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

<3

2 comments:

  1. Ok I think I just fell EVEN more in love with you two! Your blog = beyond adorableness. Call me fan for sure.

    ReplyDelete