Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nathead Getting Married






The truth is, your “practically adopted into the fam” sister only gets married once! Natalie has been a part of this family longer than I have. At three years old, my older sister Christina and Natalie met and have been inseparable ever since. The nice thing about having Nat around is that you just never really know what to expect. She truly is one of the most interesting people i’ve ever known. Whether its dressing up me and my friends and put on a photo shoot for us in my bedroom (i was twelve, it was fantastic), doing Henna tattoos all over our bodies for no reason, or drawing on my dad’s nipples (this, I have to tell you is THE most hilarious thing anyone has ever experienced), Nat is simply unpredictable, but ALWAYS a good time!

Naturally, we were all ecstatic to hear that our little Nathead, the quirky, bohemian goddess, was engaged to her longtime boyfriend Trevor!! Here’s something you should know about Nat: she is an AMAZING artist. She once did a painting of John Lennon that was absolutely incredible, I wish I could afford it. Knowing this about her, I was just so excited to see all the little artistic details that would go into her wedding planning! She certainly delivered. Her save the dates were hand drawn sketches, something no one else could ever think to do (or make look more beautiful). But then came the fun stuff...Just a few weeks ago, I was invited to celebrate Nat’s last hoorah as a single laday!!! In true Natalie fashion, we did what all bachelorettes do, took pole dancing lessons and went to a tranny show!! : ) Okay, okay, maybe not ALL Bride-to-Be’s have their girls dress up in funky lingerie and slide down poles, but this is NAT we are talking about! I have to say, though I will not be quitting my day job anytime soon to become a pole dancer (the truth is, I was really terrible at it : / ) I MUST say it’s the most fun I’ve ever had working out! The tranny show was HIGHlarious! The whole thing was very Nat.

One of our favorite parties to throw as a family (my aunt melissa is a party genius) is a good old fashioned lingerie shower! Knowing that Nat is always up for a little fun, this seemed like the perfect excuse to put our love for party planning and home decor into action! We gathered just a few fabulous women (all the girls in our family and hers) and got together for some delicious food, lemonade and sangria, a few games, and a lotta lingerie!

I’m so glad we got to celebrate Nat, my other other sister, this weekend! She is such an amazing person and I can’t WAIT to see her marry her love next weekend. I’m sure its going to be absolutely stunning! Love you nat! So glad you let us shower you with a little skanky skank!

Love,
Sprout (don’t ask)

1 comment:

  1. soooo cute Gi!!! You guys did a wonderful job! Love the Nathead

    ReplyDelete