Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beach bummin

There's just nothing like hitting HB for a little shopping on main street, a hot dog from a street vendor, and catching some much needed rays on the sand. 

This is why I love summer!!!!! We just never do it enough! However, I proudly declare to you, my fellow bloggers, that I consider myself a true beach bum in that today is the thiiird day in a row that I am hittin the beach, sunburned and all! Only this time, we are in good company! We've upgraded to corona del mar beach, (my personal favorite), and have our bodyboarding pro Matty to teach us about the direction of the current. My knowledge about waves has improved tremendously over the past five years soooo I know know that southwest currents means you have to wait a lot longer for matt to get out of the water ;). Something about the time you have to wait in between sets...idk. The point is, cait and I are regular beach bums!! 

Our new mission: to fulfill our life dreams of being blue crush. After one incredibly sad attempt to learn to bodyboarding in High school, I gave up the dream. It just wasnt gonna happen for me. I ate it so bad that day theres just no wayyyyy I'd try again. However, after being inspired by a couple of baywatch babes and a few too many beach boys songs, I've decided to give it another try. So wish me luck everyone. Your girl is hittin the waves today and WHO KNOWS what could come of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment