Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A boyfriend abroad


Sometimes the daily grind just makes you lose sight of the of the important things in life. Even more so, sometimes you take advantage of having wonderful people around you. Wonderful people, like say... a certain boyfriend. Maybe you know what I'm talking about. Instead of spending your car rides enjoying each other, you both stare out the windows and complain about the horrendous traffic or your terrible days at work. Instead of cherishing those nights at home watching movies you start to complain, well, nag really, that he never takes you out on nice dates anymore. Sometimes the daily grind just eats up all the wonderful in a relationship.


So if daily annoyances are taking away all the fun between you and your most-cherished, here's one solution: let him go abroad while you stay home a-bored.

Want to know what you'll find? I'll tell ya! Youll find yourself moping around wishing you had someone to share your bad day tales to. Then, over time you'll realize your bad days are only bad cuz your favorite mancandy is not there to fight with you. A few MORE days will go by and you'll start to replay some of heated conversations you love birds used to have only to realize YOU were definitely the one being irrational, unreasonable, and kind of a bee.

Then comes day 17 of your mans trip, which just happens to be..uhmm..TOday, when you realize it: You actually had a perfect relationship!

What? Impossible! No relationship is perfect!

Well here's the thing: I'm sitting at home like a bump on a log missing this wonderful man and it hits me...ive been wasting all the wonderful with all this worry and stress.

Matt and I knew each other for four years before ever dating.  I kept my crush a secret, he did the same. In fact, he kept it a BIG secret.  hahah (truth is he had about 100 girlfriends before me, or so it seemed). Anyway. Matt and I developed a friendship which was sealed by my unwillingness to share my chicken strips at mimis cafe after a long water polo practice.  He thought I was trying to be adorable when in fact, this little Italian princess was just very hungry.  We began to date when I was 15. Ill never forget the song he wrote to tell me he loved me for the first time. I still know all the words! hit me up and I'll belt it out any day.
                                                 cuuuuute right?! look at that surfer hair! <3

Matt became my ride home from school, my FREE math tutor, my photo booth sidekick, my guitar guru, and my best friend. We loved to take photos together, loved going to church together.  The boy has a good heart and he only gets cuter.

Over the years We had our ups and downs as all couples do, but somehow through it all, it's always been Matty! I love him! And if the biggest thing we fight about is which freeway to take during traffic hour or how many times he goes to the beach in a week (it's a lot guys!) then I must consider myself a really lucky girl. To have known this sweet boy for ten years and to know that more than anything, I can count on him to be there when the chips are down..well there's not much better than that.



 So, all you ladies who are ready to trade in your mr. Monster, take a deep breath, have a glass of wine, and take a closer look at your other half.  Don't let the little things ruin what could be amazing days with your matty (whoever the lucky guy might be)!  Now all I can do is sit and wait till he comes home to tell him he's ehhhh...a-okay. ;) Alright alright! I'm gonna tell him he's amaze!



And so the countdown continues: 8 days till Matty comes home from Honduras!

1 comment:

  1. Gianna- you are quite a catch too missy!!! But to be honest, I always knew you & matty were meant for each other. True Love- you have it! Love both of you

    ReplyDelete